Special Session on “Technologies and solutions for Smart Homes and Smart Grids” (SHSG)
The objective of this Special Section is to present and discuss the recent advances in the interdisciplinary research areas encompassing smart homes, smart grids and related technologies. This special section will bring together researchers from diverse fields and specializations, such as computer science, communications engineering, electrical and electronics engineering and specialists in areas related to smart homes and smart grids. In this special section, we invite researchers from academia, industry, and government to discuss challenging ideas, novel research contributions, demonstration results, and standardization efforts on the technologies for smart homes, smart grids and related areas.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Smart, Micro and Nano Grids Development
- Safety and Power electronics in Smart, Micro and Nano Grids
- Storage Systems and DGs integration for Smart, Micro and Nano Grids
- Cyber Security, Big Data Analysis and Large Scale Data analytics for Smart Home and Smart Grids
- Parallel/Distributed Algorithms Solutions for Smart Homes and Smart Grids
- Demand Response, Management and Forecasting
- Energy Brokering, Business Models, Prosumers Aggregation
- Cloud and Fog Computing architectures and solutions
- Internet of Things technologies and solutions for Smart Homes and Smart Grids
- Agent-based and self-organizing solutions for Smart Homes and Smart Grids
Demos/PrototypesThe submission of papers accompanied by demos and prototypes is encouraged. Demos and prototypes will be presented in an area intended expressly for the temporary exhibition. If you intend to send a demo or prototype, please send an email to the organizers of the special session.
SubmissionSubmitted manuscripts should be within six (6) pages in IEEE two-column format, including figures, tables, and references. Please use the templates at Manuscript Templates for IEEE Conference Proceedings from the conference website to prepare your paper. All submissions MUST be in PDF format.
Complete manuscripts must be electronically submitted through easychair at:
Please, during the submission process specify this Special Session as topic SS6 - SHSG in easychair.
Accepted PapersAll submitted papers will be reviewed by members of the International Program Committee and the corresponding author will be notified of acceptance or rejection. Accepted papers must be presented at the conference (an author could present maximum two (2) papers) and will be published in the conference Proceedings.
|January 31, 2017||Paper submission due (Extended and firm deadline)|
|February 28, 2017||Notification of acceptance|
|March 15, 2017||Camera-ready copy due|
Special Session Organizers
|Dr. Carlo Mastroianni
Dr. Andrea Giordano
|Dr. Alessandro Burgio
Dr. Grazia Belli
University of Calabria, Italy
All enquiries about the special session should be sent to any of the Special Session Organizers or to the General Conference Chair, Prof. Giancarlo Fortino, University of Calabria, Italy: email@example.com